Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcoming 2009!

Just like Christmas, this New Years has been different from any other. Most of my siblings are back at school, home, etc. The boys and dad are up in WA at the house and Mom decided to spend the evening with her mother and sister down in Perry. Usually we play games and eat all kinds of food but this year I was home alone so I went out seeking adventure. I went to a friend's party for a few hours and then to the Institute dance and finished at another friend's house playing card games. The music at the Institute dance was kinda lame so we didn't stick around on the dance floor very long. We tried the speed dating and that turned out to just be long. Some of the guys were interesting but lets face it, it's speed dating. :)

When we got to my friends house it was 15 minutes to midnight. I got my sparklers and little fire works from my car and we got things all ready. I've had these fireworks since July 4th and I was excited to use them! I was even more excited when I discovered that my friend likes to run and dance with sparklers just like me! Here are some fun shots of us dancing the new year in!



So, it was a different New Years eve but still a good one. This last year has been an amazing one. I remember it was last January when I found out I was accepted to the Jerusalem study abroad program. Then I finished my last semester at BYU and spent the summer in Jerusalem and then playing in Provo. Then in September I moved to Logan and it has been a wonderful thing to be here. I'm still adjusting but learning so much. I have my goals all ready for the new year I'm just going to take a little time tomorrow and put together some statements of faith to see my goals through. I'm excited for a new year to live and see what blessings Father in Heaven has in store for me! I am so blessed to know that whatever it brings, I understand the important things in life and will see it all through with a smile! So Happy New Year! Hope this year is the best yet!

3 comments:

EJ said...

Absolutely love the sparkler pictures. Happy New Year to you too!

Rachel and John said...

Hey girl! I love reading your post! It looks like it was so much fun with the sparklers! I know...it was a wierd Christmas and new year for us too. We spent Christmas home and sick...I had been dreaming of eating my Aunts homemade rolls...and instead we had soup in this stupid appartment...but it was so great to see the girls have their 1st Christmas! They were so cute...and quite bewilderd at the same time! Someday I will get those pictures on the blog...it seems Im always trying to catch up! And we spent new years in Walmart with a few other crazy people...LAME! But I'll tell ya...if you want to get some shopping done with NO crowd at Wally...new years eve is the night to do it :)

Amber said...

Jen, I love reading your posts. I am so lucky to have you as an example to me! What a great cousin you are!

2009 will be a great year!