Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I thought i was computer literate...

Okay, so I've just spent almost an hour trying to get this blog to look decent and it isn't working. I have much yet to learn about blogging I guess but hey, that's what this is for! Expect more editing in the future. As I begin these chronicles I must thank all who have influenced me to this point and especially my dear friend, who's own blog has inspired me to strike out on this digital adventure! I hope to post lots of pictures and fun stories about the going ons in Logan. Lets hope mine is half as interesting as hers! :) 
So, I moved up to Logan last Wednesday and not a lot has happened since then. Wednesday nights I have my rehearsals for the American Festival Chorus. 
Our conductor is Dr. Craig Jessop, previous conductor for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! It is amazing to work with him and I am really lucky to have a choir again so soon. Those of you who know me know I can't go long with out a choir. 
It has been really fun to be back with family and to have my only little room. Enjoy your own special tour of my little hovel!
 
Through a series of events, we are temporarily living on the first floor of an on-campus freshman dorm! 
That has already proven to be an adventure as we are next door to the rec room can hear the freshman soundtrack at all hours of the day! However we are still the proud residents of San Juan Hall which is uniquely fitting seeing as we are from the North West. We live on a 9-hole golf course. 
Frisbee golf, that is. But its still fun to claim living on a golf course. I'm sure I'll only get that once in my life! 
Lastly we are in the center of Aggieville. Logan is the home of Utah State University and the Aggies. 
Half of my wardrobe has been eliminated since being seen in BYU gear is rather dangerous. I am learning to be careful in my disclosure of past education and residence. I've discovered it is better to simply say "my family is from Washington" rather than, "I just moved here from Provo, UT." 
Sunday I attended my new ward and it was a hard thing to be the outsider. I have found some sense of identity for the last three years in my BYU ward and I was always the one to welcome and get to know the new people. 
Now I find that I am a "new people" and I lack an insider to show me the ropes. I'm sure I will make friends quickly however, and hope to have a calling soon. So that's the news from Cache Valley. I hope to be going on some hikes this week when I'm not looking for a job so expect some beautiful pictures soon!

 

2 comments:

Erin said...

So cool Jenn! Cache Valley sure is beautiful, and I know what you mean about saying absolutely nothing about BYU. I learned that very quickly when I came home to visit. I'll be there for conference weekend...maybe we could see each other.

EJ said...

I am so flattered that you think I inspired you! Your blog is beautiful and so you. I just love it. The picts are awesome, keep it up! Oh, and we can put a golf course on our ranch someday if you like the sound of it so much. It can go around our air strip. ;)