Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Winter Hike

Looking West, down the canyon and over Cache Valley
I'm feeling like I have something to blog about again so here goes. Last fall I didn't really get to fully appreciate the hiking that is available here in Logan before the snow set in. Since October I have been dying to get out and do something! I am still on the hunt for a cross-country skiing partner that would go out with me once a week but today it was too much to bear! I could wait no longer. So, I took Ryker and headed up Dry Canyon. Dry Canyon is a tiny canyon just to the south of Logan Canyon and it is not so full of snow that we couldn't hike a bit. Plus it was still in cell phone range so I could go alone. Ryker did a great job off-leash. He is learning his place in the family pack and recognizes that nothing changes even when we are off hiking. The sun was out and the air refreshing. It was just what I needed. I love the snow but I have to say, its March, and I'm ready for the Spring and more great hiking!
One beautiful dog!

Looking east, up the canyon

3 comments:

Amber said...

Come visit me! I have cross-country skis and would totally go with you :)

The Fifes said...

fun! Look at you being so active! I'm tired just thinking about it...

EJ said...

Awesome. Glad you were able to go. want to hear more on how Ryker did off leash.