Sunday, August 16, 2009

Five deer, a skunk and a mouse

I feel like I end up going up to Tony Grove for one thing or the other almost every week! A few weeks ago it was for the BLAZING HOLLOW HOORAH! This was a ward activity where we got to celebrate our pioneer ancestry since it was the week of Pioneer Day. We did a service project where we got to clear a mountain biking trail and we made dutch oven dinners and did a short devotional program around the fire. The activity turned out pretty good but we were up there way too late! On the way home we almost ran into all kinds of wildlife. The worst was a skunk we almost hit! Then there were several deer and in the end it was a mouse that somehow we failed to miss! Oops!
While we were waiting for dinner to cook we did some hiking. It was fun. I probably went too high for only having one free arm but the view was beautiful and I got back down safely.

Another big highlight of my summer was Celeste and Carson Fenimore's wedding. I got to play a small role in the story of these two wonderful individuals coming together and now they are married! The ceremony in the SLC temple was beautiful and it was great to see friends and family. Sarah Murray came down from WA for the event and ended up coming home with me for the weekend after the reception was over. I was so happy for Celeste. She looked beautiful and so happy!


I'm so thankful for good friends in my life. Sarah and Celeste have been some of the best. Sarah got married in January, Celeste in July and now I'm the only one left! We'll see when that happens.
Other fun ward adventures include FHE at Brother Roundy's house in Paradise. He has this huge water slide set up to go into his pond. I wasn't going to get in because of my arm but then Matt W. got a few of us girls wet while we were in the paddle boat and at that point I figured I'd might as well go the whole way! The slide was super fun and I'm determined to go back when my arm is healed.

As soon as I went back to my Dr. and he gave me the okay, I was back on horseback. I went for a long ride one Wednesday and found the Hyrum reservoir. It was a beautiful, long ride that was very needed. The next week I took Alexandra out and it was super fun. She used to ride when she was younger and it came back pretty fast. Horses are my passion and I will always love anything to do with them but riding is so much more fun when you can do it with someone!
So, despite my shoulder, I'm still staying busy and having fun. There's no way you could keep fun from me!

No comments: