Tuesday, July 21, 2009

American Festival Chorus Tour

Being part of the American Festival Chorus has been a really rewarding part of living in Logan. Dr. Craig Jessop is amazing and even when I don't feel like going to our long Wednesday night rehearsals, but the time 9:30pm rolls around, I'm glad I choose to be a part of it all. This was our opening season and every concert we had in Logan was sold out. Pretty sweet record if you ask me and we love singing to a sold out crowd! Well we went on tour this summer with Maureen McGovern. We started in Logan, then on to Idaho Falls and finishing in Sun Valley. It was a cool experience.
Our Idaho Falls concert was not well attended and that was disappointing but my good friend Sarah Murray came up to watch the concert and knowing she was in the audience made all the difference for me. After the concert I went back to her house and we stayed up late talking and catching up since our last meeting.
In the morning I got up earlier than Sarah and her husband Ben so I spent some time in their beautiful backyard. I had fun playing with my camera.




Sarah and her husband Ben drove me back up to Idaho Falls to catch my bus with the choir. The drive to Sun Valley was pretty. I was able to sleep a bit and catch up on the lost sleep from the night before. When we got into Sun Valley the storm clouds were threatening and within minutes we had a all-out down pour! My plans for walking around the small town and maybe hiking part of a mountain were washed away with the rain. I had some lunch and then spent more than an hour watching some ice skaters in an indoor ice arena. It made me want to get back on the ice and had I not been wearing a skirt, I may have rented some skates!
The Sun Valley Pavilion is a beautiful performance hall with great acoustics! It was by far my favorite concert on the tour.

After sound check and before the concert we had some time to eat dinner and get ready for the performance. Maria joined me on a quick hike up the mountains since the rain had stopped. It was wet but so refreshing! We got back and combining our packed dinners with a few others, had quite the feast for dinner.
Here are the beautiful Soprano ladies. The concert was great but the drive back down to Logan afterwards was LONG! I was so glad to be back in my own bed! But now I've been to Sun Valley, ID! Probably the furthest I'm going to go this summer! No I take that back, Chicago in August will be further!

1 comment:

The Fifes said...

What a fun trip! I love hearing you sing, as well as singing together! Glad it was safe and fun. :)