Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Game Night/Fishing/Wind Caves

Okay, I just went through my pictures for the last month and I have so much to catch up on but I didn't want to just pass up all the fun things that have been going on! While Tam was visiting we had a great game night with SimplyFun games. The games are really creative and fun to play. I need to get around to buying the really fun ones like the one pictured here. This is like Twister for your hands! It was fun playing with friends!


Last month we had an exceptional amount of rain in Cache Valley! When it wasn't raining I got to go fishing with my friend Nathan. Once I remembered how to cast it was quite relaxing and I could understand why so many find this sport so alluring. Nate had caught two and I was just practicing my casting when the moment came. I felt a bite and yanked on my pole, I had a fish! In my excitement I yelled accross the river where Nate was fishing "I've got a fish! Nate I got a fish!" I was pretty excited to reel it in. Turns out my fish was bigger than the two Nate had caught! Pretty fun to out-fish a pro! It was a beautiful 12 inch brown trout. I even remembered how to gut my own fish! We took it home and ate it for dinner! Yum! Since this first adventure I have been fishing one more time. I want to go more. It is a great way to finish a day and relax!

Mom loves to go hiking but we never have the same schedule to go together. Finally one Friday I decided not to go horseback riding and instead to go hiking with Mom. Neither of us had done the infamous Wind Caves hike so that became our goal. It was a beautiful, easy hike with great views! We got a chance to talk and enjoy the scenery. The caves themselves were pretty amazing at the top. Over hundreds of years, the wind has carved out these caves high on the mountain side.



You can't see it very well from the picture but there were arches and stone bridges. It was fun to climb around. Ryker was pretty nimble as well but he refused to go out on the rock bridges. Smart dog. I was glad the rain had stopped I that I got a chance to get out and do some hiking. There are 17-18 big, popular trails up Logan Canyon and my goal is to hit them all. I'd better sit down and write up a game plan so I can't get them done before the cold weather comes again! The summer is going fast and there is still so much to do!

1 comment:

The Fifes said...

you look so cute hiking!! Cute lady!