Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

After getting in so late from the AFC tour I was so glad to have a bank holiday where I didn't have to get up and work on a Saturday! I slept in and it felt great. Christine was in town for the weekend and Mom wanted to go up the canyon and see the wild flowers so when I finally did get up, we took off.
Tony Grove has become a family favorite. It is a beautiful lake with lots of fun trails. Christine, of course, took the chance to do Yoga in the beautiful scenery. I think she should do a Yoga video: Yoga with Christine at Tony Grove.

This is me and my awesome dog Ryker! He is becoming quite the hiker! I found our dog pack the other night and I'm going to start working him on that. It I do it right, I might not have to carry a pack. Just kidding, I'm not sure he can carry that much!

And I consented and joined Christine in some Yoga. I almost fell off the rock on this move!

When we got back from Tony Grove, Christine and I decided to float the canal. The boys have been playing in it over the last few weeks. It was a great float and very refreshing. We felt like little girls with our inner tubes. Lots of fun!

After dinner, Christine had an old friend who had invited her out on a date tonight and he set me up with his roommate! So the four of us took off and had a fun evening. We started it by watching the "Drive In" parade. There was a huge car thing going on at the fair grounds this weekend and part of it was this parade showing off all kinds of cars. It was pretty fun. There were a few that were coolers than others. It was a relaxing way to get to know our dates. I'm glad we got to spend the evening together. But what came next was the best part. We went to a rodeo! Christine had never been to a rodeo before and I think we got her hooked!


Plymouth is this little town with a little rodeo but that is how I like them best! It was a perfect night for a rodeo and I couldn't resist pulling out my camera and taking some pictures. It is moments like this when I really wish I had a better camera and could really capture what I am seeing. The sunset made a few of these shots really cool. Oh, and the horses were fun to watch too! :) There was one wrangler I was really impressed with. His horse was CONSTANTLY bent at the poll. For those of you who are horse people, you can appreciate a horse that will give you their head like that. And if you don't know horses, don't worry about it. It just means the horse was really well trained. It was fun to watch him work. I think I'd like to be a rodeo wrangler some day. That would be fun. The whole day was the best way I could have spent my 4th, even though I didn't see any fireworks! Oh well, I have Pioneer Day in Utah right!?



No comments: