Sunday, June 24, 2012

14. Have a country picnic

This one I have to attribute to the kindness of my good friend Josie! June 2nd was the beginning of an epic week and a lot of play time with Josie, which is part of what made it so much fun! I ran the Cache Vally Super Sprint Triathlon in the morning and Josie came out to see me finish even though she was on a date! Then she put the whole picnic together. She knew I wanted a classic country picnic and that is what we got! It was out in the middle of Cache Valley at her father's property in Amalga. Right next to the river and with tall flowing grass. We had fried chicken, corn on the cob and just about anything else you would imagine at a great picnic. I had wanted to have a shotgun shooting contest and it ended up dominating a good portion of the evening. The contest took so long because there were four of us that just couldn't miss! We had to change the game up a few times to try and increase the challenge so someone would miss. In the end, Michael Hansen won. But I just have to insert a disclaimer here. I only missed because I wasn't using my own gun, and to add to it, I was using a short barrel shotgun that I had shot only three rounds from. But no excuses, Michael was the better gun that night! Thank you to all the great friends who came to enjoy perhaps the most epic picnic ever!




 Oh and I got to finally learn how to shoot a compound bow that night!
Great friends are an amazing treasure!

No comments: