Sunday, June 24, 2012

2. Go snowmobiling BECAME Flying

This was a great substitute! Since I missed the winter sport of snowmobiling, I determined that substituting it out for another large machine....say, an airplane...would count. I did this one with Rachel Schultz, who had a dream after my own of flying. It was so much fun! June 7th we headed out to the Logan Airport and paid a fee to have instructor Tom take us up for an hour. Rachel flew up front at first but then we landed and switched places and I got to take off! I did about 80% of the flying while I was in the front seat and it was great! I even got to land the airplane with little help from the instructor. I did get a little queasy during the flight but they say that wears off. So I'm going to get that private pilot's license before I die! Thanks Rachel for the adventure!