Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Its been a great past week. Last weekend I went down to Provo and had an amazing time. Friday night was the 83rd Ward Oscars Night. It was an amazing event. Deborah's movie Deb in Real Life won three Academy Awards including Best Movie, Best Actress and Best Director. It was cool to see that event continue. Last year when Shane and I were the activity co-chairs we started that event and I think it will continue on. This year they had eight movies entered and had a program written for the voting. That made every win official and every vote really counted. Anyway, it was fun to see friends again and get all dolled up for the event.



Saturday was the Utah/BYU football game that I don't really want to talk about. It was a sad loss for BYU but we look forward to next year. Saturday night Deb and I happened on some tickets to the Coldplay concert! We went with Christine and her boyfriend Matt. I've always wanted to go to a rock concert and there couldn't possibly be a better concert to go to. I was impressed with the whole production and those men are amazing musicians! We had sweet seats and a lot of fun. 





I got home from Provo on Monday and this week has gone so fast. For Thanksgiving yesterday we went down to Grandma's and met up with three other families of relatives. All in all there were around 38 people there and it was an amazing meal! It was just fun to play with everyone. The boys and I played some football and then someone brought a Wii and Rock Band soon became the event of the afternoon. In the end we even got the adults to join in. We came back to Logan and the playing didn't stop! The dorm was empty and so Ben rode his bike down the stairs and we played Nerf gun war on all 5 levels! It was pretty intense. This morning Matt joined us and the war continued. We have mastered the art and never grow tired of another round. 


It has been so much fun to have family home. I'm so thankful for family and the simple joy of being home for the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving to all you readers! Thank you for the part you play in my wonderful life.

1 comment:

EJ said...

I noticed that your toenails are panted red! Scandalous ;) Also your eyes always are so stunning in pictures. You are B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L! Sorry to make you blush, but I currently don't have access to your mirror to write these things down on. Call me! I want to hear more about your adventures and job search!