Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Piping hot"

I love to bake. My mother is always accusing me of being the person at fault when it comes to dentist bills because of the sugar I introduce to the family in all forms and fashions. :) It all started with this cookbook back when I was probably 8 or 9 years old. My mother's copy was covered in duck tape and had been well used. I learned fractions and to bake bread and cookies with this Canadian Purity Cookbook of choice. Then while on my mission my mom threw it away! When I came home to find it gone forever I was quite "put out." 
However, two weeks ago mom came home from a visit to Grandma's all excited about a book she had brought back for me. It wasn't until a few minutes later when I casually started flipping through the cookbook on the counter that I instantly recognized its pages! I had never seen the cover before since to me it had always been the silver of duck tape but I'd recognize those recipes anywhere! So, I've had a nostalgic two weeks revisiting the old recipes of my youth. Having since had a bit more experience with cookbooks and recipes I can really appreciate a well-written book like this especially when the Canadian instructions include phrases like "piping hot!"

2 comments:

Tam said...

are you sure!!! I thought the book was an old betty crocker...

Rachel and John said...

I love your blog!! I just love looking at blogs...it is fun to see what is going on in everybodys life...and dude...I love that converse shoe picture...thats all I wear lately...I love them & they go with everything!! Hope all is well and I cant wait to chat with you! Give our blog another look...I just updated it this weekend and got caught up to Halloween...the girls look so cute in there costumes! Hope all is well!! Love Rach