Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jumpin' through life

The last week has flown by! Here are the highlights:
Last Tuesday American Festival Chorus had its debut concert in a Veteran's Day tribute concert. It went off amazingly and then again on Saturday AFC performed Mozart's Requiem. Both performances were great. Check out our upcoming schedule at our website. 
After the performance we went to fill up on gas and were excited to see gas under $2! With our Smith's discount we ended up paying $1.84! Pretty funny how exciting that was to us!
I had two interviews this week and both went really well. I now just have to wait to see what happens. Also got a few "regret" letters from other places I have applied to. I hope something comes soon. I'm getting restless! 
Wednesday mom and I watched The Guys. It is an very well-written movie about 9/11. Both mom and I were in tears. It is sometimes still hard to believe that actually happened to us. I am thankful for the service men who gave their lives that day and those still willing to fight today for the freedoms of us all.
Today the maintenance guys came through the dorm and replaced all the single sofas with newer ones. We took the opportunity to play on the old once left stacked outside on the grass. It was pretty fun jumping around and then just laying there. The days are still beautiful here but today it has been windy. I think the cold weather is finally coming. The weatherman boast of snow for Thanksgiving. We'll just have to see. In the mean time, still jumpin' through life. 



No comments: