Sunday, November 30, 2008

Communication Montage

Sunday evening was supposed to be this relaxing quiet night full of meaningful activities. But with one phone call that all changed. I was already planning on calling my best friend E and catching up with her but then my brother and his family stopped by with his four children and any hopes for quiet were gone. I didn't mind because I always love having the family over but I still wanted to talk to E so I sat down at the computer in the living room and opened up iChat. Well that got the ball rolling and soon I was caught up in several forms of communication. Not only was I chatting with E on iChat but I was also chatting with another friend on Facebook and then on Gmail and then my sister Tam wanted to do a video chat on iChat as well. I was also texting a friend on my cell phone. All this while I was quietly listening to the conversation going on behind me between brother, sister-in-law, and father! Talk about multi-tasking! The result, I got all kinds of communicating done! Now I don't want any of you to feel like I wasn't paying attention to you! I love you all. I just find it slightly humorous how many ways the rising generation has discovered to communicate without actually talking with someone face to face!

3 comments:

EJ said...

I did not feel like you were distracted at all. I am very impressed with your skills!

Kristin said...

What would we all do without our computers!! Really is am so serious I don't think my kids would know any of their cousins. I am impressed with how you could multi task and nobody caught you! Jim always is trying to play games while we skype but usually we can tell and he gets busted.

The Fifes said...

crazy all the things we have at our fingertips nowadays!