Monday, October 20, 2008

More exploring and Bear Lake

Wednesday of last week mom and I took off in the Expedition to find Millville Canyon. Not knowing the area very well, the directions I received proved of little help and although we did find a canyon, it was not Millville Canyon. However, our trip was still lots of fun. We ended up in Providence Canyon and got to play with the Expedition's 4-wheel drive. I think mom is not used to having a car that can handle a mountain road. We got pretty far up the canyon when we hit a gravel slide and decided we didn't want to get stuck and turned around. At this point I think mom started to really enjoy the beautiful scenery. Both of us were taking pictures trying to capture the last of the fall colors. So many of the trees are already bare. I did get another fun shot of the temple on our way back into Logan though.
Friday night I headed up Logan Canyon to Bear Lake for my first time. A friend of mine has a family cabin up there and it was just what I needed. When we got up there it was already dark so I couldn't really see anything. We talked and ate and tried to take pictures of the moon and watched a movie. The 
moon light was beautiful over the lake but in the morning I got to see just why so many people boast of this place. The warm rays of the sunrise were inviting to say the least. I think it is so interesting how a vista like this can feed the soul. Going through my pictures I realized I took way to many pictures of the same thing but I couldn't stop! Every image was breathtaking and something I wanted to preserve. Sometimes I think I take too many pictures. I miss out on enjoying the real moment when I'm focused on preserving it in a digital picture. A thought I want to remember for the future. There are some things that will never be captured properly in a picture. But if we take the time, our eyes are able to view God's creations in a fulfilling and grateful way. That is probably how God intended it in the first place. Don't worry, I'm not going to stop taking pictures! I just think I'm will do it a little slower now.






2 comments:

EJ said...

your picts are amazing. You have a great eye for things. I understand what you said about not enjoying the moment because you are taking pictures, but I try to use photography to see things in a different way so that I appreciate them more. When I was learning how to draw I learned different ways to really look at things, and photography really helps me see things better than I would. I LOVE hearing about and seeing picts from your adventures!

The Fifes said...

OOOOoooO! Love love love those photos. Amazing